Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Warlock - Burning the Witches

Warlock - Burning the Witches


#70
March 1984
Warlock
Burning the Witches
2.25 out of 5


Doro Pesch rocks harder than Lee Aaron could ever dream. 
Trouble is it’s all chukka-chukka/ambiguous standard issue shredding and not much more than that. Anonymous metal I can get from a basket of Twisted Rioting Ratts attending Girlschool on a Jett. 
A weird thing happens halfway through this album: At first I really appreciated Doro’s Wendy O Williams but on key screeching and I felt that the musicianship was rote. By the end I was dreading every time she would come on and detract from the band who I started to believe might actually have had some potential. Fortunately, there are 3 more Warlock records after this until 1987 when they stop recording. 
Unfortunately, Doro goes solo and records, i shit you not, 14 albums between 1989 and today. 
Yay….


No comments: