Saturday, January 26, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Talk Talk - It's My Life

Talk Talk - It's My Life



$45
February 1984
Talk Talk
It’s My Life
2.5 out of 5

Highlights: 
It’s My Life


If you were a bass player worth your salt in 1984 you were pretty much assured of being able to pay your rent that year. You know…Roxy Music wasn’t THAT great. Why are there so many knock offs?
This stuff actually makes me miss Spandau Ballet and Duran Duran. At times (“Renee”) it’s downright somnambulant. When it does show some life toward the end, even the band seems bored. And when they come to the end, “Its You”, their intentions are revealed: They want to be Echo & the Bunnymen. They are not. 
The big single title track is the only real sign of any life on this too tired piece of synth-pop.


No comments: