Monday, January 6, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks It Came From Nashville

Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks



#269/1394
1986 Housekeeping
Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks
It Came From Nashville
Genre: Rock and Roll
4.75 out of 5




Highlights:
Is This All There Is?
Move On Down the Line
One Taste of the Bait
I Wise To You
It Gets in Your Blood



Do you like Robbie Fulks? I do. 
What about Dave Edmunds? Sure, why not?
Mojo? Yep.

Webb Wilder has a lot in common with them, the stolid talent of Fulks, the earnest devotion to the original R&R and…stoopid humor of Mojo…with none of the edge. 

All of these songs are written and produced by “R.S. Field”. Who is that? Is that Webb? I don’t know…but this record is solid rock. 

From his website: "Always said, I've got one foot in Country and one in Rock'n'Roll, and since they're both approximately 13-A's, I'm coverin' a lot of ground."

I like this guy.






No comments: