Sunday, January 19, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Little River Band - No Reins

Little River Band - No Reins



#317/1997
1986 Housekeeping
Little River Band
No Reins
Genre: Rock
2.5 out of 5




I’ve said this before, I will say it over and over until they stop: I always think Little River Band is a country outfit ala Alabama and .38 Special. But they aren’t. They surely aren’t. I mean, they would probably put out a C&W album if they thought it would move units. But there are tons of bands who would do that, right?
This is just another in a long series of LRB albums that are merely ok. Standard late 70s, early 80s rock stuff. Just a touch of rhythm to overwhelm the “rawk”, of which there is almost none. 
The title track is the best thing here and it’s not that great. Faux white boy R&B influenced wanna be mid temp rock.
You can listen to this record while making breakfast for your kid and listen to him ramble on about some mysterious secret he and his best friend have while your wife is blow drying her hair and not miss a thing.
I know. I did. 


No comments: