Monday, January 6, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Phish - The White Tape

Phish - The White Tape



#267/1392
June 1986
Phish 
The White Tape
Genre: Jam
3.25 out of 5



Highlights:
Alumni Blues


Confess…or not confess….

I’ve never heard Phish. 

Don’t know em. Just the name. Not a Jam Band kinda guy. Don’t know the String Cheese Incident. Don’t care for The Grateful Dead. Wasn’t my thing. Don’t get high. Don’t really drink. Don’t like to commune with people. 
Weirdly, though, I love to play Cosmic Wimpout, which is big in the Deadhead circle. 
Go figure.

Is it weird for me to come to them on a release that is all demos and the like? 

Some of it is actually good. Some, like “No. 2” is intolerably awful. That’s what you get with demo hodgepodge, I guess. But, man, these guys love Frank Zappa a lot too much. 


No comments: