Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Loudness - Lightning Strikes

Loudness - Lightning Strikes



#296/1421
July 25 1986
Loudness
Lightning Strikes
Genre: 80s Metal
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Let It Go
Dark Desire
Black Star Oblivion





I almost pulled Loudness from this project, after all, it’s a different language and I thought it too regional. I’m really glad I didn’t. I hadn’t heard of them but this was a big record for them stateside and, you know what? It hits all those Ozzy/Priest notes pretty damned hard. 
The timing of this record is good, as classic metal bands seem to be losing their fire and energy and become bloated versions of themselves, Loudness seems to not just be paying homage but picking pop that mantle. 
I’m in the minority on this one. I loved it. 





No comments: