Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In

Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In



#322/2002
August 2 1986
Poison
Look What the Cat Dragged In
Genre: Glam Metal
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
I Want Action
Talk Dirty to Me


I’ve never heard this record. For the record. ;)
If I had I would know that it opens with a 60s Supreme/Shirelles beat that suggests “Please Mr. Postman” but merges that with crunchy guitar and shiny production and I would have hated every second of it…in 1986. 
Today?
It’s like listening to a Jolly Rancher. 
You know what this sounds like??? A hybrid of Def Leppard and Motley Crue. Except for “Talk Dirty to Me”, which is Def Leppard meets The Ramones…it’s the big hit that The Ramones should’ve had but never could have. 


No comments: