Sunday, January 19, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry - Paint Your Wagon

Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry - Paint Your Wagon



#318/1998
1986 Housekeeping
Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry
Paint Your Wagon
Genre: Post-Rock/Goth
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Last Train
Mescal Dance



Take Katrina and her Sunshine walk and throw it in a blender with Joy Division and that’s the opening track from Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry’s Follow up to the terrific Talk About the Weather. 
And much how the first one was a surprise in 85 this one is equally surprising. 
One of the things I learned about myself throughout this project was just how much I like that plodding, minimalist Joy Division, post-rock sound. I didn’t really explore it in my youth and it more often that not makes me happy.
This is one of those cases. It gets a little derivative at times (“Save My Soul”, for example) but, for the most part, I dig. 



No comments: