Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Motorhead - Orgasmatron

Motorhead - Orgasmatron



#327/2007
August 9 1986
Motorhead
Orgasmatron
Genre: Metal
4.5 out of 5



Highlighs:
Deaf Forever
Ain’t My Crime
Claw
Doctor Rock




I read that Lemmy hated the mix on this record and, you know what? I can’t say I blame him. Despite the mud and the mess there are moments of classic brilliance in here. “Claw” is a fucking freight train of rock and a worthy successor to “Ace of Spades”.
Damn the crappy production, otherwise this would melt your brain. 
I know this is considered lesser Motorhead but, imo, if this was mixed better it’s a classic. Is it as great as Ace of Spades or Iron Fist? Um…sure. Why not? I was only introduced to Lemmy and the band in this project having mistakenly eschewed them, thinking they were a scuzzy metal band. They are so much more than that. They are the biker gang of rock. 








No comments: