Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - The Rainmakers - The Rainmakers

The Rainmakers - The Rainmakers



#325/2005 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
August 6 1986
The Rainmakers
The Rainmakers
Genre: Rock
4.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Rockin’ at the T-Dance
Downstream
Let My People Go-Go
Drink’ On the Job



Who?

Listen to that title track and tell me that that doesn’t sound like what Neil Young SHOULD have sounded like in the 80s. Bob Walkenhorst has the same nasal warble as Neil but he’s also got a sold rockin’ lunacy to him that propels the songs. 
Until this very moment I had never even heard of The Rainmakers. Anyone know them? I feel like I did when I heard Webb Wilder for the first time. 
These are just terrific songs played well. They aren’t “of” any time. It’s just good old rock and roll.
There's a whole lot of places that I ain't been
A whole lotta things that I ain't seen
A whole lotta things I'll never be
The generation that would change the world
Is still looking for it's car keys
Awesome.
What I’m left with is the thought that, if you loved David + David and/‘or Webb Wilder, you would also love this. 
I did. 



No comments: