Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The 1981 Listening Post - Third Floor Strangers - Last Chance

 Third Floor Strangers - Last Chance



#195

May 1981

Third Floor Strangers

Last Chance

Genre: Pasley Power Pop

3.75 out of 5



Highlights:

Angelina





Umm…”Don’t Blame It On Me”…that’s Dire Straits, right? I mean, you all hear “Sultans of Swing” all over that baseline, right? It’s not just me. That’s not interpolation, that’s a strait up rip. 

Shame, too. It has all the markings of a College Radio hit. 

This is Shoes and 20/20 and Romantics and, if we had the full album I might be able to “Discover” it. But, alas, we do not. 

If I had a turntable, this album would be something I’d be searching for to help christen it. 

I want to rate it higher, but with just half the album…I just can’t. If we had all the tracks, I bet this thing scores among the higher records of the year. 

By the end of these tracks I realize who I am longing to listen to: Old 97s. I think I’ll fire up “Designs on You” as soon as this ends…



YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LbLxe1dqI&list=PLlvn8uktX5LsBjKHmo_rObFwq59bspHiY (Missing 4 tracks - The Last Chance, The Long Letter, Liar and Model)

No comments: