Monday, December 20, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Long John Baldry - Boys in the Band

Long John Baldry - Boys in the Band 


1980 Housekeeping

Long John Baldry

Boys in the Band

Genre: Pub Rock

2.75 out of 5





Baldry, with another album in 1980, strikes me as someone who has a difficult relationship with people. He’s pompous and condescending and the way he talks about women is repugnant. 

While the songs are actually songs, meaning there are notes and arrangements and chords, he, himself, is someone I just don’t want to hang out with.

Look, I’ve said since I was a teenager that what I want on my tombstone is “He was hard pressed to find 15 people he would willingly spend 20 minutes with”. That hasn’t changed. 

I just spent 40 with John for the second time in as many weeks and, yeah, that sentiment tracks.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92HVmCHRTx4

No comments: