Thursday, December 16, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Jaugernaut - Jaugernaut

 Jaugernaut - Jaugernaut


1980 Housekeeping

Jaugernaut

Jaugernaut

Genre: Power Pomp Rock

3.75 out of 5




Highlights:

She’s a Teaser

Light of Your Love

Celebration





I would stack, “Light of Your Love” against just about any Pomp Rock song from the era. It’s unique. It feels a little folkie. But also like it fell off a music from 1974. But then again, in retrospect, just about all of that music could be on Broadway these days. You know?


This is a stellar prog rock album that someone hid under a rock somewhere and I’m so glad it was unearthed. 


The play order on Apple Music is not how it’s listed on. Discogs so I have no idea if I heard it correctly.


This is Styx-ian. I know I say that a lot but…that’s what this is. 


https://music.apple.com/us/album/jaugernaut/270005106



No comments: