Friday, December 17, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Steeleye Span - Sails of Silver

Steeleye Span - Sails of Silver 



1980 Housekeeping

Steeleye Span

Sails of Silver

Genre: Folk Inspired Rock

4 out of 5




Highlights:

Sails of Silver

Barnet Fair


I’m not much for the likes of contemporary folk music. Like Fleet Foxes. Can’t do it. Just doesn’t call to me. I don’t hate it when its on, but I tried. Bon Iver? Meh. Blitzen Trapper? Are they folk-ish? I enjoyed their name. 

I did go through my early S&G phase after the Concert in Central Park. But, that didn’t last too long.


This is really enjoyable Parsley & Sage music. I don’t hate it. I would just never fire it up if I was sitting around without 700 records to listen to for a project that has eaten up most of my mid-life. 




https://music.apple.com/us/album/sails-of-silver/1353008049

No comments: