Thursday, December 16, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - The Climax Blues Band - Fly the Flag

The Climax Blues Band - Fly the Flag 



1980 Housekeeping

The Climax Blues Band

Fly the Flag

Genre: Rock

3.25 out of 5


Highlights:

So Good After Midnight

I Love You




For almost 40 years I was really proud that I have never seen Gone with the Wind. It flew in the face of my attempt to be considered an erudite film critic but, fuck it, I made a decision. Not gonna watch it. 

And then my wife and I decided to watch every film in the top 100 of AFI’s list or some list and Gone was on it. And I had to decide. Was I going to break this tradition? A tradition I was so proud of?


Yes. I broke it. 


Ugh, what a terrible experience. Sorry. 


Until today, that was Climax Blues Band. I had happily avoided every nugget of their output. 


I wish I could say I had the same experience. That would be a neat little story. 


But, this album, while being as anonymous as all get out, is full of inoffensive songs that work for your T-Shirt store’s backing tracks. 


I liked it better Thant Gone with the Wind, that’s for sure. 


https://music.apple.com/us/album/flying-the-flag/500609374


No comments: