Thursday, December 16, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Oakley - Oakley

 Oakley - Oakley



1980 Housekeeping

Oakley

Oakley

Genre: Melodic Rock

3.75 out of 5



Highlights:

Rock and Roll Gypsies

Guitar Man


I love Nova Scotia.

I’ve written about that before. Search for it. It’s where I decided to get my dog, a black Labrador Retriever. I would have gotten a Newfoundland but, man, they are huge and just don’t have the space. Best decision I made in 2017 was getting that dog. 

He’s my son’s best friend, my wife’s protector when I am gone…a big dumb dog that barks at neighbors and squirrels. Gotta love him.


Oakley is from Nova Scotia. I bet they crushed every wharf side pub they played in. 


This is a perfectly fine set of songs by a band that needs a better producer. Without looking Imma guess that Richie Oakley or Wayne Nicolson spent the next 40 years giving guitar lessons. I would imagine one of them lost their finger in a bizarre boating incident. Sounds right, right?




https://music.apple.com/us/album/oakley/645414680

No comments: