Monday, December 30, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Roky Erickson - Don't Slander Me

Roky Erickson - Don't Slander Me



#260/1385       LISTENING POST ADMIN DISCOVERY
June 1986
Rocky Erickson
Don’t Slander Me
Genre: Rock
5 out of 5 (I know. But it just kept rocking me in the right way)


Highlights: 
Don’t Slander Me
Haunt
Crazy Crazy Mama
Nothing in Return
Burn the Flames
Can’t Be Brought Down





So, we arrive at yet another in the gaping holes of my music lexicography. A name I’ve heard for decades and never ever once investigated. Damn shame, cuz a CD player with some Roky and Mojo Nixon in the late 80s would have made from some great cross country driving, for damned sure.
I don’t know if we get to Jack White without Roky. The former is a slavish disciple of the latter, I would guess.
While the second side isn’t AS surprising as the first, it’s still pretty damned terrific. Right up my alley. 

I feel like the way I did when I heard Graham Parker’s Squeezing Out Sparks a few years ago for the first time: I have been missing out. 








No comments: