Monday, December 30, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Gene Loves Jezebel

Gene Loves Jezebel - Discover



#248/1373
June 30 1986
Gene Loves Jezebel
Discover
Genre: Alternative
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Desire (Come and Get It)
Sweetest Thing


Maybe it’s me. When I started this record I thought, “How come U2 and not GLJ?”. And, right around the big single, “Desire”, I realized that these guys just didn’t have whatever it was that Bono and the boys did. They seem to both have been pushing the same sound envelope at the same time but, for whatever reason, U2’s songs could catch you, grab you and pound them into your life’s soundtrack and Gene just disappears. 
I forgot this while I was listening to it, which is not reflected in the rating because I rank each song as I listen to them. So, the average rating is higher than the full experience, which was not memorable. To me. TO ME.


No comments: