Saturday, December 7, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - False Prophets - False Prophets

False Prophets - False Prophets



#164/1329
1986 Housekeeping
False Prophets
False Prophets
Genre: Punk
3.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Marat/Sade


If I had seen this in the record store one thing is certain: I would have noticed that it was put out by Alternative Tentacles and I’d have been intrigued. However, I never ever purchased anything from their catalog when I saw it advertised so it’s just as likely that I would not have purchased it. 
Anywho. 
Children of Dead Kennedys have fun, albeit on a poorly produced piece of vinyl that, by this time, I would have grown out of. 
But, there must have been skater punks out there rocking out to stuff like this. As derivative as it is. At times, like on “Marat/Sade” it has more in common with The Clash than DKs. 
These guys try. They never get there fully but they try. 



No comments: