Monday, December 30, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Innocent Bystanders - Don't Go Looking Back

Innocent Bystanders - Don't Go Looking Back



#256/1381 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
June 1986
Innocent Bystanders
Don’t Go Looking Back
Genre: Straight Up Heartland Rock and Roll
4.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Just My Mother’s Son
Let Me In
Late Night Criers




I almost forgot what good rock and roll sounded like. Sure, it’s got a dash of Springsteen, Southside Johnny, maybe Boomtown Rats, Mellencamp, early Tom Petty, et al. But I’ve heard all those songs and when its done well, it’s great stuff. 
If things were different I would’ve downloaded this band via eMusic along with Chevelles as I tried to explore Down Under rock. It’s as good as anything the stateside bands were putting out at the time. 
Yes, it’s better than John Cafferty…
If Perth wasn’t a gajillion miles away I bet these guys could’ve had a hit stateside. 



No comments: