Monday, December 30, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - The Pandoras - Stop Pretending

The Pandoras - Stop Pretending



#231/1376 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
June 15 1986
The Pandoras
Stop Pretending
Genre: Paisley Garage
4.75 out of 5


Highlights:
In and Out of My Life (in a Day)
Anyone But You
That’s Your Way Out
Stop Pretending
It Felt Alright

I missed the first Pandoras record when we started this project and I’m sad about that. As sad as I am that I didn’t know that half of this band would form The Muffs and that Kim Shattuck died this year. 
This album packs a wallop and I usually think organs in rock tend to Archies everything up, turn it into bubblegum and soften all the edges but this is hard stuff, Melanie Vammen, it could be argued, is the driver of this album. The Go-Gos might have paved the way for this but they have this lane all to themselves here. 



No comments: