Friday, December 20, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Modern Talking - Ready for Romance

Modern Talking - Ready for Romance



#203/1348
May 26 1986
Modern Talking
Ready for Romance
Genre: SynthPop
4 out of 5



Germany didn’t get the memo that SynthPop was done, apparently. That isn’t to say that if this was great that I would hate it anyway, quite the opposite. I loved this genre when it made it’s return in the 00s. Especially on the first two Mika albums. But, I think the reason I appreciated Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much was because there had been a long drought of this so it was fresh and the takes were new and honest instead of sarcastic and sardonic. 
There’s a reason this didn’t break stateside. I think we were all done with it. It’s kind of a shame cuz, for the genre, this is excellent. 



No comments: