Saturday, December 7, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - The Redskins - Neither Washington nor Moscow

The Redskins - Neither Washington nor Moscow



#174/1339
May 14 1986
The Redskins
Neither Washington Nor Moscow
Genre: Eclectic Rock
3.5 out of 5




Between this and Chumbawumba, 1986 was a big year for reactionary left wing political bands. Considering that I am pretty lefty myself I’m really surprised that I never heard either of them. In the case of The Reskins, I’ve never even heard of them. 
Has anyone?
Songs like “Go Get Organized” are rallying cries, but they don’t really work as anthems that get people excited nor do they work as…songs.
There’s a smattering of soul, and pop and two tone and…just a whole host of styles that result in forgettable tunes.
(I feel like “Bring it Down” might have been heard by The Go! Team cuz it’s super similar. But then again, so were early 70s Earl Hamner TV show themes. 



No comments: