Friday, December 20, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - The Men They Couldn't Hang - How Green is My Valley

The Men They Couldn't Hang - How Green is My Valley





#198/1343
1986 Housekeeping
The Men They Couldn’t Hang 
How Green is My Valley
Genre: Pogue’s-lite
4 out of 5


Highlights:
Ghosts of Cable Street

As much as I love their first album, the second one was... nice. 
I was working on a commercial in Canada with the director that made his bones as a top video director in the 90s. He directed among other videos, Pops “common people”. He knows his music, he knows the history of music and he loves soccer! When we were working we were talking about this project. He was really curious to know what I have discovered that I loved so much. And when I finally said, oh! The men they couldn’t hang!“ He just looked at me, quizzically and said, “oh they’re OK...”
If the first album was a kind of revelation, this one is super just ok. 


No comments: