Friday, December 20, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Demented Are Go - In Sickness & In Health

Demented Are Go - In Sickness & In Health




#200/1345
1986 Housekeeping
Demented Are Go
In Sickness & In Health
Genre: Psychobilly
4 out of 5

Highlights: 
I Was Born a Busted Hymen
Nuke Mutants




Where has this band been hiding? I’m not saying I would’ve been a DAG super fan but there’s a good chance I might have passed this cassette around. It’s all the Cramps are with more anger, sociopathy and growl. 
If Marky Ramone was 25 IQ points smarter this might be the lane he could mine. 
I’m so glad that this exists. I have no idea if anyone thought it would be commercial but that’s what so great about the 80s. The sheer volume of weirdness and experimentation is gigantic. We are drowning in differences and choices. 



No comments: