Friday, December 20, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - David Foster - David Foster

David Foster - David Foster



#220/1365
June 11 1986
David Foster
David Foster
Genre: Make it stop
1.5 out of 5




Many years ago I got caught shoplifting at the mall. Little things. Action figure stuff. Nothing big. The reason we got caught is that one of my co-horts got caught shoplifting a tiny container of model paint from Macys. Or Sears. I can’t recall. For all I know the stuff we pilfered is still in that locker at the livingston mall. 
I didn’t really get in much trouble for it. I wasn’t allowed to go to the mall for a while. Had to hang out at my parents’ store instead of home alone. That sort of garbage. 
The universe, to my surprise, held off my actual punishment until today. When I had to listen to David Foster’s debut record for this project. 

This is made for no one. Maybe, MAYBE, some middle aged, paunch bellied, jackass in sunglasses driving a new Chrysler Le Baron convertible around the block at Beverly Hills High or something. 
That’s it. This is music of the louche. 



No comments: