Friday, December 20, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Laurie Anderson - Home of the Brave

Laurie Anderson - Home of the Brave



#204/1349
May 26 1986
Laurie Anderson
Home of the Brave
Genre: Experimental
2.25 out of 5



I had to listen to this out of order cuz it was playlist on YouTube and that’s the way it played. Kind of wish I couldn’t find it at all. After two fantastic records by Laurie I avoided Home of the Brave for my entire life. Even bought United States I-IV on vinyl for $1 and never played it. 
Songs like “Language is a Virus” are the hybridization of her minimalism of the first record and the over production of her second. And that’s just clanky and annoying.
The soundscape on “Smoke Rings” is excellent but one track of echoed drums and thunderclaps do not a classic album make. 



No comments: