Friday, December 20, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Device - 22B3

Device - 22B3



#224/1369
June 15 1986
Device
22B3
Genre: Trash
1.25 out of 5



I always thought Holly Knight was the Holly from Holly and the Italians. She isn’t. That’s Holly Vincent. I was disabused of that about 15 years ago. 
That didn’t stop me from never investigating the solo works by either. I did know, however, that Holly Knight wrote a ton of hit songs. What I didn’t know was that she teamed up with Mike (glam writer/producer supreme) to craft this one off of…mediocre mid-tempo non-rock. 
It sounds like what you get when a R&B-dance band tries it’s hand at rock. Which is a damned shame since both Knight and Chapman have actual rock bona fides. 
But, also…WHY ARE THESE SONGS 5 MINUTES LONG??????



No comments: