Monday, December 30, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Lou Reed - Mistrial

Lou Reed - Mistrial



#245/1370
June 26 1986
Lou Reed
Mistrial
Genre: Wannabe Poet, Talentless Songwriter
0.75 out of 5


No. In no world should Lou Reed RAP!!!
This isn’t cheeky fun rapping like Adam Ant or Blondie, this is Marky Ramone garbage rapping and why why why isn’t anyone talking about this abortion?

I’m not going to go too far into it. We all know how I feel. Lou can’t write songs. Can’t sing songs. Blah blah blah. Here he uses drum machines and it just makes it all so much worse.

But, he loses lots of points for “Don’t Hurt a Woman“. Now, look, I guess he should get points for being honest and confessional but he just comes across as a fucking asshole. 
“I was angry, I said things I shouldn't say
But please don't turn your back
Sometimes I get so upset
But I take it all back

Please don't go, I know I was wrong
Sometimes I don't know what comes over me
But I try to remember
Don't hurt a woman”

Yeah, you keep TRYING to remember that, Lou. 

Fuck off. 


No comments: