Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The 1982 Listening Post - Hypnotics - Indoor Fiends

 Hypnotics - Indoor Fiends


January 1982

Hypnotics

Indoor Fiends

Genre: Punk

2.25 out of 5



Highlights:

I Can’t Think



You listen to over 700 albums from one year you forget stuff. In this case I forgot that this type of punk existed. My awareness of this style at the time was heightened but, compared to the sheer vast amount of stuff that was shoved into the consumersphere, it turns out that this was not as prevalent as I might have once thought.


Anyway, this is raw skater punk and that means 4four chords played with crunchy distortion and a lead singer who is angry and snotty and…well, that’s about it.


Not great. “I Can’t Think” hews close to Suicidal Tendencies but I’m not sure I need more than one of those. 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4msRZlHcryM

No comments: