Monday, August 8, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - The Elektrics - State of Shock

 The Elektrics - State of Shock



#728

1981 Housekeeping LISTENING POST DISCOVERY

The Elektrics

State of Shock

Genre: New Wave Synth Power Rock

4.75 out of 5



Highlights:

Go Now

Another Knife in My Heart

I Just Keep Crying

1981 Overture

Rocket Ride

Pretty Plastic





I get it, you open with a New Wave-y synth song when that’s not your best cuz it’s 1981 and that’s what in vogue. But, I really wish the album started off with the blazing crowd-pleaser “Go Now”, a simply perfect Power Popper of note that just sort of…ends. 

I don’t know who these guys were but Tony Bongiovi was their producer and…well…that story writes itself. 


This is an assured piece of wax and I’m actually surprised that I’ve never heard of anyone involved with this or even the name. 

“1981 Overture” has that J.Geils Love Stinks/Tubes/Kiss Destroyer smell all over it. It’s a fantastic little piece of Glam Theater. 


Side Two is just as delicious as the first. In fact, what I get from these guys is that they were just having fun. There’s nothing on the line. They don’t have guns to their head by the label. Or, if they do, they decided to just make a record for them, fuck everyone else. 




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoV_AvXRyDA






No comments: