Monday, August 8, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Humble Pie - Go For the Throat

Humble Pie - Go For the Throat



#704

1981 Housekeeping

Humble Pie

Go For the Throat

Genre: Blues Rock

3.25 out of 5


Highlights:

Keep It On the Island

Restless Blood




Requisite 80s cover: an overblown jam version of Presley’s “All Shook Up”. Which, of course, spelling doom for the record, opens the album.



Imagine this is your first introduction to Humble Pie and you have to hear this muddy thing.

Well, folks, that’s me. I’ve never heard a Humble Pie record. So this is my first. 


I can sort of hear what the fuss was a decade before. If this album was more focused and the songs were more interesting I bet I would like it. I mean, it’s not bad, but I definitely didn’t miss anything when it was released.


Honestly, this album isn’t as bad as some of the reviews would have one believe. It’s just a relic. A muddy relic.



https://music.apple.com/us/album/go-for-the-throat/525447781

No comments: