Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Eddie Schwarz - No Refuge

Eddie Schwarz - No Refuge 



#745

1981 Housekeeping

Eddie Schwartz

No Refuge

Genre: AOR

3.25 out of 5



Highlights:

Spirit of the Night

Auction Block

All Our Tomorrows


I have a soft spot for people who have had hit songs recorded by Pat Benatar. 

This guy wrote “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”. Seriously. 



All you need to know about this album is this version of the huge song he wrote. No, it’s not on the album but, fuck it. This sounds like a crappy Nick Lowe tune. Pat was a genius. 


Eddie reminds me a bit of Randy Newman. I don’t wanna hear him sing but I like his songs. Does that make sense?


Any person who can let his blood let on a song like “Auction Block” is alright with me. 


I really wish we weren’t missing tracks here because I have to take points off. This would score higher, I bet. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vA5w6j1Gnc


The story of that song is fascinating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4UYN_kp4ZQ



No comments: