Monday, August 8, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - The Shadow Page Band - Hanging By a Thread

 The Shadow Page Band - Hanging By a Thread



#714

1981 Housekeeping

The Shadow Page Band

Hanging By a Thread

Genre: 80s Rock

3.75 out of 5



Highlights:

Darlin’ Don’t Let Go

I Can’t Stop



What is interesting, as 1981 is the year of drummers, this is Floyd Marcus’ project, he being the drummer for 1910 Fruitgum Company. 


Since the original band was formed in Linden, New Jersey in 1966 I wonder if my mother or her sisters know or knew any of these guys. They all lived in Elizabeth, the town just over from Linden at that time. And the band was pretty successful (1910, that is). I should ask. But I don’t really care that much. 


A lot of this sounds like a Bruce Springsteen cover band (“Love a Stick of Dynamite”). Or John Mellencamp (“I Can’t Stop”) I’m okay with that. 


This whole record is a primer for 80s rock and it has no business being as acceptable as it is. 




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtApT5VjaU8

No comments: