Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Strange Advance - 2WO

Strange Advance - 2WO


#49
February 1985
Strange Advance
2WO
Genre: New Wave
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
The Second that I Saw You
We Run



This is exactly the kind of record that would be marked down to $.99 at Sounds Records, that I or someone would pick up for nothing (Well, not nothing, $.99 is the equivalent of about $2.50 today), listen to once or twice and throw a couple tracks on a mixtape for friends. And those tracks come early in this album. Numbers 2 & 3. “The Second That I Saw You” and “We Run”, both of which stood out to me and, lo and behold, were actual hits in Canada. (I adore Canada). I have to wonder how much the late Michael Kamen’s involvement had to do with songs like “Home of the Brave” sounding like Pink Floyd. Cuz, boy oh boy, does it (And, well, Roger Taylor).
A solid mid-80s New Wave Prog record.

No comments: