Monday, April 1, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - The Legendary Pink Dots - The Tower

The Legendary Pink Dots - The Tower

#353
1984 Housekeeping
The Legendary Pink Dots
The Tower
2.25 out of 5

So...is this a post-apocalyptic techno concept album?
Do I have to do more reading?
If Kraftwerk or Pink Floyd (I know, but the album vacillates between those sounds) were to make a soundtrack to a horror carnival video game. It might sound like this. (When it’s not ripping off John Barry’s The Elephant Man soundtrack “Tower 2”, that is).
I listened to the rest of it as I was trying to make my connection from one flight to another and, fully half of it went by as I made my across Minneapolis's airport.
I think that's a good thing. So, hence the extra .25.
;)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-tower/156135828

No comments: