Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - King - Bitter Sweet

King - Bitter Sweet


#34
1985 Housekeeping
King
Bitter Sweet
Genre: Pop Rock
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Alone Without You

I’ve never heard King before this project. Except for that one hit song. So, it’s kind of weird that the second track, “Platform One” sounds a lot like a Throttle Back Sparky song, “Serial Monogamy”, a minor effort on our part. I don’t know how that happened but, truth be told, both songs are pretty mediocre. 
The keyboards on “I Cringed, I Died, I Felt Hot” bite hard on Elvis Costello’s “Charm School” and that’s a shame cuz the song isn’t terrible on it’s own. Perfectly fine thriller, save for the ripping off. 
Everything here sounds like every other New Wave band from the aforementioned Costello to Culture Club to Adam Ant which means that King doesn’t really have an identity of his own. 


No comments: