Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Pentagram - Relentless

Pentagram - Relentless


#55
February 1985
Pentagram
Relentless
Genre: Heavy Metal
3.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Sign of the Wolf (Pentagram)
Dying World

My wife took my son to school this morning. As every morning, Cody, our black lab, watched them through the diffused corrugated window with his paw on the floor level sill. 
I had brewed some David Lynch signature coffee in my French Press and was lamenting my inability to get it right. 
With a morning free I opened Sonos, set it to party mode (all the speakers) and figured I had enough time to get through this doom metal album. 
I set the volume to a house filling but not wall shaking level and pressed play.
Within 4 measures, Cody got up and left the room. He did not retired to the couch in the living room or the sofa in the family room. He didn’t go into our bedroom. No. These are all his usual hangouts on colder mornings. He went straight outside and sat on the grass as far away from the house as possible.

That is my review of this record. 

OK, that’s not totally fair. This record isn’t as hard or demonic as others in it’s genre. In fact, it sounds more like very early Black Sabbath than anything else. In that regard, I don’t hate it. My dog does. 


No comments: