Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Box - All the Time, All the Time, All the Time...

The Box - All the Time, All the Time, All the Time...


#58
1985 Housekeeping
The Box
All the Time, All the Time, All the Time…
Genre: SynthPop
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Remnants
With All This Cash
My Dreams of You

From the lush opening of “Remnants” this is different than the first Box record. But, if I was expecting more anthemic prog the left turn on track two, the angular, R&B tinged “With All This Cash” raised my eyebrows. 
It’s almost as though they decided to throw caution to the wind and make an album they thought could be their last. 
Narrator: “It wasn’t”.
This is a Canadian Band that at once contains that clean, polished, indescribable Canada sound while also seeming wholly…British and unlike anything I’ve heard from the Great White North. 
So much of this reminds me…Yes. And also, Genesis. And Eurythmics, but more interesting to me (“L’affaire Dumoutier (Say to Me)”).
I wonder if Bruno knows about this Montreal band. 



No comments: