Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Smiths - Meat is Murder

The Smiths - Meat is Murder


#39
February 11 1985
The Smiths
Meat is Murder
Genre: Alternative Rock
2.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Well I Wonder 
Meat is Murder

Here we go.
Based on that first album I am very hesitant. I’ll see you in 40 minutes.

This is part II of the “Morrissey sucks” saga. Honestly. The band is terrific. The music is great. The playing…I love it. And then Steven starts his nonsense and I’m out. (He has not earned a one word moniker. I just can’t with this guy)
Johnny Marr is writing gorgeous and interesting music that is pushing the genre and Steve is rambling about, warbling “melodies” that could be placed into any song. 
Only on “Well I Wonder” does he come close to melding the two together. And the title track. That one really works for me. 
Morrissey is awful. 

No comments: