Monday, April 1, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Friends Again - Trapped and Unwrapped

Friends Again - Trapped and Unwrapped

#367
1984 Housekeeping
Friends Again
Trapped and Unwrapped
3.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Lucky Star
Lullaby No. 2

You got Jangle Rock in my New Wave Pop!
You got New Wave Pop in my Jangle Rock!
It's two two two great sounds that sound great together!
I know nothing of this band, save that they are Scottish, they had one album and seem to have not been heard from again.
They remind me of The Bluebells in a way. Here, the lead singer's voice is like a more inviting and able David Bowie, the band is more like The Style Council, but instead of a Cafe Bleu it's more like Cafe Orange & Yellow.
Gentle & approachable (see: "South of Love"). I can see how, if you owned this in 84, you might want to play it for friends. I can also see those friends saying, "umm...can we listen to that REM now?".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2J-j10STME&list=PLBJ7ztNazTVC3FrHl9sqpvlczGyO78r5f&index=9

No comments: