Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Firm - The Firm

The Firm - The Firm


#38
February 11 1985
The Firm
The Firm
Genre: Rock
2.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Satisfaction Guaranteed


One day someone needs to explain the appeal of Paul Rodgers to me. I mean, I guess Free had a couple good songs but, when Brian May and Roger Taylor were trying to figure out how to continue without Freddie but while using the Queen name, they employed Rodgers for one of the worst records of the decade. And one that is overlooked by everyone, them included (I hope) 20 years before that, looking for a Robert Plant replacement, Jimmy Page goes to gravel screeching white boy blues Rodgers and the result is…well…not as good as Whitesnake. How’s that?
I avoided this one for my whole life. It was not enhanced by finally hearing it. (Although I quite enjoyed “Satisfaction Guaranteed” and this can not be explained. 

No comments: