Thursday, February 24, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - The Sherbs - Defying Gravity

 The Sherbs - Defying Gravity


#372

1981 Housekeeping

The Sherbs

Defying Gravity

Genre: Arena 80s rock

3.25 out of 5



Highlights:

We Ride Tonight

I’m Alive


Ok, Sherbs. Let’s have another go. You were pretty pedestrian in your approach to 80s synth laden arena rock. How’s this one?


Well, Sherbs, here’s the deal: You will never be Styx. And we don’t really need another Styx. And you won’t be Loverboy, either, and we don’t need another one of those. 


And I can hear you trying, Sherbs. I can hear it on “Blood On My Hands”. With those synths and determined vocals…I want to believe in you, Sherbs. I want to pump my fist in Aussie glory but…I just can’t bring myself to do it. 


Damn, Sherbs. You feel like you should be great. Why aren’t you? You get close, as on “I’m Alive”, despite sounding desperately earnest. 





https://music.apple.com/us/album/defying-gravity/443368354

No comments: