Thursday, February 24, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Blackfoot - Marauder

 Blackfoot - Marauder



#359

By John Tammassino

July 15 1981

Blackfoot

Marauder

Genre: Music to accompany a fight in the parking lot aka Redneck Rock...okay, Southern Rock. 

Allen’s Rating: 4 out of 5

John's rating 2 out of 5


 I really don't like Southern Rock... probably because for a good part of my life I've lived in rural areas where it has its devotees. That said, when I was assigned this record to review I was less than enthusiastic about actually listening to an entire album by Blackfoot. But I approached it with an open mind, listened to "Marauder" and if you like Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Special and the like, you will probably like this record. If you dislike that genre, thoughts and prayers. I can't see how this group got beyond playing in a garage. This record just failed to engage me in any way.



https://open.spotify.com/album/7j0wSeUKj4rz2Surh5ICdN?si=CwwsrF1jS_SckW-1XWI_Sw

No comments: