Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - The Korgis - Sticky George

 The Korgis - Sticky George



#342

July 10 1981

The Korgis

Sticky George

Genre: Synth Pop

2.75 out of 5




I had new French Doors installed during a backyard renovation. They open on the left side and not the right. That’s ok. But I have a tendency to turn the knob to the left, leaving my index finger knuckle exposed and, at least 4 times, I have rammed that knuckle into the jam, ripping skin off with it. 

So, my dominant hand’s finger is in scorching pain. And bleeding. 

Oh,and I’m also newly allergic to Speed Stick deodorant, so I have some painful itching going on.


I just have to write stuff about a record while I listen to it and this one isn’t really inspiring much.


And it hurts to type. 


This is the kind of music a band would submit for consideration in a Karate Kid knock off movie…and get rejected. 


There’s a lushness that happened at the end on the final two tracks and I found myself dozing off as I think the music intended. 


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0x9d0bpdx0&list=PLlvn8uktX5LuD1gK90dOZcHO8KOci8Kug  (Missing 1 track - Contraband)

No comments: