Friday, February 25, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Saga - Worlds Apart

 Saga - Worlds Apart


#387

September 1981

Saga

Worlds Apart

Genre: SynthProgArena

2.5 out of 5



Highlights:

On The Loose

Amnesia




I always thought “On the Loose” was Loverboy but that’s “Turn Me Loose” and now hearing the aforementioned again for the first time in ages I think those two should be played back to back forever. You get turned loose and you are on the loose. That’s an epic story right there.

This is considered to be Saga’s masterwork and, all, who am I to argue with a marillion fans? And it does have Chapters 5 and 8 of the Einstein saga (Get it? See what I did there?) but I have always been left confused by that story.

Will some Saga fan explain this Einstein thing to me and why all the Chapters were released out of order? Is it coherent when put together?


These guys come across as very earnest and intense. They’ve got something to tell you and it’s urgent that you hear them and when you do you are left…with really nothing. I really want to be let in on the urgency but I’m afraid they don’t know how to or are unable to reel me in to that larger story.

But, man, it’s all so EPIC!



https://music.apple.com/us/album/worlds-apart/1457350358

No comments: