Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Nick Gilder - Body Talk Muzik

 Nick Gilder - Body Talk Muzik



#348

July 24 1981

Nick Gilder

Body Talk Muzik

Genre: Glam Rock

2.75 out of 5


Highlights:

(She Talks) Body Talk



“Hot Child in the City”.

That’s all I really know of Nick Gilder.

Even when I was doing 1978 and 79 I missed his records. 

And we neglected him in the initial pass on 1980. (This will be rectified before we complete the research)

I never realized how much like Robin Zander Nick sounds. He’s more nasal but the register and soft edges of the rock voice is there. 

The songs, however…are not. 

I mean, they aren’t terrible. “If You Wanna Play Around” is sort of catchy. 

Nick reminds me of Ric Ocasek. He writes good enough songs. Produces pretty well but you don’t really ever want to buy his solo records. Not that they’re bad, they just aren’t very good. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-N2fy-tlj4&list=PLlvn8uktX5Lu1XRiWwmqD6lQQvQHAdX-p

No comments: