Monday, February 21, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Chaz Jankel - Chasanova

 Chaz Jankel - Chasanova



#309

1981 Housekeeping

Chaz Jankel

Chasanova

Genre: Benign Rock

3.75 out of 5




The answer to the age old question of “What happens if you take Ian Dury’s lyrics and borrow a couple of Blockheads to make an album of totally inoffensive dance rock/disco/reggae that seems to be slightly influenced by Talking Heads and The Police is answered on Chasanova. 

Now that I have all that snark out of the way…this is 100% listenable and, if I put it on in the background I could totally do the dishes to it. 

And if it was performed in concert, I would bask in all the second hand reefer and bliss out in a planetarium to a Northern Lights light show. 

You will forget its on after a couple songs and I guess that’s kind of ok, right? I mean, this dishes aren’t gonna clean themselves.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM0WKhHYGIs

No comments: