Friday, February 22, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - W.A.S.P. - W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. - W.A.S.P.



#213
August 17 1984
W.A.S.P.
W.A.S.P.
2.5 out of 5

Highlights:
I Wanna Be Somebody
L.O.V.E. Machine

I guess on the three roads of the tributary taken by metal bands; thrash, stadium & glam (the latter two often interchangeable, I prefer the Glam one. Makes sense. I loved Glam Rock, Queen, Power Pop, theater. 
This is in the Cure wheelhouse. 
So of course I have room in my heart for this never before heard by me in it’s entirety band. 
Was there a clause in these band’s contract that they all needed to sing a song about Hell or Satan or something? Did an A&R guy say, “Ozzy’s singing about this stuff so that’s what the kids are into!”? No wonder moms all thought there was rampant devil worship. All because Ozzy went full demon a couple years before. 

No comments: