Saturday, February 9, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Everything But the Girl - Eden

Everything But the Girl - Eden


June 4 1984
Everything But the Girl
Eden
3.5 out of 5

I never knew anything about everything it the girl. I’d heard the name but assumed they were a Bucks Fizz kind of band. Then I learned that it the singer from Marine Girls and that excited me. 
And then I heard Eden. Which brings back to the Style Council and a bunch of late 20 somethings singing nice pleasant music to listen to while walking along the Seine. 
Doesn’t this stuff get reinvented today as She and Him?   But even that’s got more teeth than this. 
Eden is a seaside Sunday breakfast cafe record. Which, incidentally, is basically where I’m listening to/writing this. 
Eden is not bad but it doesn’t do anything for me. You could skip it and not miss much unless you love Paris Match. Cuz this album sounds like 45 minutes of that song. 




No comments: